I am goal oriented and this week it is get batting on three quilt tops I have all ready and set aside.
But I can’t keep from jumping in and starting on a new project. I have been chomping on the bit since I got the houses into their finishing stages. I already collected and cut the new project. I gathered fat quarters (18″ x 22″) together. I laid them out and cut them into squares tossing them into a plastic shoe box.
Drawing from the shoe box without thinking I matched up squares. I lay them in pairs in front of the sewing machine when I could easily guide them under the needle.
I began sewing.
I daisy-chained them, meaning I just picked up one set of squares after another and sewed without stopping to cut the thread. When I had a stack piled up behind the machine I left one set of squares under the needle and cut the thread. Then finger pressing I joined two — two-patch squares together, only considering not to put the same fabrics next to each other.
Once this was done then I turned to the ironing board. First I set the seam by pressing it flat. Then I opened it up and pressed it to the darker side of the fabric. I NEVER use steam in my iron. My iron had a bad habit of spitting — plus with my fingers right there next to the iron I don’t relish getting burned.
I have more than 50 sets finished. I am not sure how many I will need because I am not quilt sure how I will finish them. What I had considered originally is not where I see this project going at the moment. One thing is certain — it will be color-filled.